Grants for Hyattsville Businesses
Commercial Façade Improvement Program
In order to better support our businesses, the City of Hyattsville has created a Commercial Façade Improvement Program. The program provides funding to business or property owners within the three targeted investment areas to improve their building’s façade.
The grant is a dollar-for-dollar matching grant of $5,000 - $50,000. The use of grant funds are limited to exterior improvements including re-painting, exterior shutters, gutters, windows, siding, doors, masonry, finishes, lighting, and signage. The funds are ineligible for interior improvements, structural repairs, or roof repairs.
If you would like to participate in this program, please review the program guidelines. The next round of applications for the 2022 grant cycle will be open April 04-June 03, 2022. Click the links below to download the grant program application and guidelines.
- Commercial Facade Improvement Program- 2022 Application
- Commercial Façade Improvement Program - Guidelines
- Commercial Façade Improvement Program - Info Session Presentation
- Commercial Facade Design Guidebook - The City of Hyattsville has created this resource for design inspiration regarding signage, awnings, lighting, and other design elements, particularly for businesses applying to the Commercial Facade Improvement program.
CFI Info session from Thursday, March 31st
The City recently hosted a CFI Information Session, giving an in-depth overview of the grant application process. Have a look at the recording in case you missed it:
Projects Funded by the CFI Program:
Corridor Investment Grant Program
The City of Hyattsville created the Corridor Investment Grant Program as a funding opportunity for private and non-profit partners with creative placemaking projects, programming initiatives, and business development strategies.
Applicants are eligible to receive a grant of up to 80% of the total cost of their eligible project or program. The City of Hyattsville Corridor Investment Grant Program will consider funding requests for the following activities:
Programming Grant (up to $1,500)
- Public programming series or one-day public event.
- Programming hosted by a private business must be collaborative, open to the public and include a minimum of three (3) private businesses within adjacent proximity to one another.
Public Placemaking Grant (up to $2,500)
- Exterior improvements accessible to the public which may include street furniture, planters/flower boxes, benches, and public art/murals.
Business Development Grant (up to $5,000)
- Business support services or consulting
- Business development workshops
- An equity match for the City’s Commercial Façade Improvement Program for businesses that have never received funding through the City’s program
- A one-time Commercial Tenant Subsidy is available for small businesses that are either a use that is underrepresented in the marketplace OR is a State of Maryland or Prince George’s County certified Women Owned/Minority Owned Businesses (WBE/MBE).
- Structural repairs, interior work, and roof repairs are not eligible under this program.
If you would like to participate in this program, please review the program guidelines and application below. The next funding cycle is open for applications from May 25th-July 12th, 2022.
For more information, contact Dorothy Estrada at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Department of Community and Economic Development at (301) 985-5000.