Teen Center & Tutoring
The City of Hyattsville Teen Center offers free programming for local students in our community to connect after school. Get a free membership and register for our programs!
Location and Hours
The Hyattsville Teen Center is located at 3911 Hamilton Street in Driskell Community Park. The Center will re-open for the 2022-23 school year on October 3, 2022.
- Monday - Friday, 3 - 5 PM (Drop in Hours)
- Monday - Friday, 5 - 6 PM (New Programs)
- Closed when Prince George's Public Schools are closed
The Teen Center offers a holistic drop-in, out-of-school-time experience that connects Hyattsville-area students, grades 6 - 12, with resources they need both in and out of school - all while having fun! Programs include:
- Civic engagement and leadership development
- College and career readiness
- Extracurriculars and recreation
- Field trips and summer excursions
- Health and wellness
- Tutoring and Mentoring offered provided by Northstar Tutoring for K- 12th grade students
New Programs for 2022-23 School Year!
In addition to the normal Teen Center programming, three new programs - Junior Scholars, Queen Bees, and Young Kings will take place after drop-in services end from 5 - 6 PM!
- Junior Scholars, Tuesdays & Thursdays (begins October 4, 2022) - offers 6th through 8th-grade students social-emotional learning, health and fitness, recreational and educational activities, civic engagement, and SSL hours.
- Queen Bees, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (begins Oct 3, 2022) - offers 9th through 12th-grade female students social-emotional learning and life skills workshops, career exploration, and college preparation activities. The program also provides recreational and educational activities, civic engagement, and SSL hours.
- Young Kings, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (begins October 3, 2022) - offers 9th through 12th-grade male students social-emotional learning and life skills workshops, career exploration, and college preparation activities. The program also provides recreational and educational activities, civic engagement, and SSL hours.
- Youth Leadership Program, Thursdays (begins December 1, 2022) - offers 9th through 12th grade students an opportunity to develop their leadership skills, earn student service-learning hours, and serve as leaders in the community! After completing the Program, participants can apply to become members of the City’s Youth Advisory Council next year!
In addition to Teen Center programming, the center offers tutoring and mentoring services for students in grades K-12 at the Teen Center on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 6:30 - 8 p.m. Services resume on October 4, 2022. A few slots are available!
How to Join
Any students in grades K -12 that live within the City of Hyattsville can join the Hyattsville Teen Center by contacting program staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note About Transportation: The Teen Center is accessible by local public transportation. We also provide free transportation from Nicholas Orem Middle and Northwestern High. Parents and guardians must pick up students after programming ends. City youth services are currently not offering drop-off services due to staffing capacity.
Note About Attendance: Students signing up for these programs must commit to attending for the remainder of the school year. Multiple unexcused absences may result in the student being removed from the program(s).