Home Modification Assistance Services
The City of Hyattsville has partnered with Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland and Hyattsville Aging in Place to offer home modification services to eligible senior residents. Services may include the following, therapy for functional limitations, fall prevention and recovery strategies, and structural modifications and accessories to make homes more age-friendly.
- Be at least 65 years old
- Reside for at least one year in a home covered by current homeowners policy
- Have difficulty performing at least one activity of daily living (dressing, bathing) or difficulty with instrumental activities of daily living (eg. housework, meal preparation, taking medicine as prescribed)
- Be income qualified (income for each individual participant cannot exceed $42,500 per year)
- Be willing and able to participate in meetings with an occupational therapist and a nurse focused on your goals.
The CAPABLE program is no longer accepting applications as all available slots have been filled. Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland is working to launch a similar program to CAPABLE that will be open for income-qualifying households in need of home modification services. If you are interested in receiving information when the program launches, please contact Habitat for Humanity and indicate RAMP as the program of interest.
Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland also offers free weatherization services to homeowners seeking to improve the energy efficiency of their homes and reduce the cost of their utility bills. Services include air sealing, insulation, duct sealing, Energy Star certified appliances, and HVAC system repairs and upgrades.
- Be income qualified based on household size. Please refer to the Habitat for Humanity's page
- Be a Montgomery or Prince George's County Homeowner
- Have homeowners insurance
- Be willing to agree to a small repayment for repair services provided
Submit an inquiry to Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland by clicking here. For questions or concerns, please contact the Habitat for Humanity Repair Client Coordinator at (301) 990-0014 ex. 19 or email@example.com.