- Living & Visiting
- Trash, Recycling & Compost
- Weekly Trash Services
Weekly Trash Services
When placing trash out to be picked up:
- Please put the required covered trash containers between the curb and sidewalk, or by the street, after dark the night before or prior to 7:00 a.m. on the correct collection day
- Please ensure that the cover of the trash container is tightly closed
- Please ensure that the trash containers are accessible so that nothing will hinder or impede trash collection by DPW employees
The City does not pick up the following items
- Hazardous materials
- Automobile parts
- Construction debris - wall board, concrete, asphalt, roofing material, and tiles
The City provides backdoor trash pickup for disabled or senior residents who need assistance bringing their trash to the curb. To request this service, please send a written request to Lesley Riddle, Director, Department of Public Works at email@example.com, cc: firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters may also be addressed to the DPW Operations Center at 4633 Arundel Place, Hyattsville, MD 20781. For more information, please call (301) 985-5032.
New Trash Bins
If your City provided trash bin is lost, stolen, or damaged, or if you move into a property without a bin, please use this form to request a replacement cart.
Weekly Trash Routes by Street Name
Residents may check their collection day by opening the document that corresponds to their street's name below
- 29th Avenue, 30th Avenue, 31st Avenue and 31st Place
- 32nd Avenue, 33rd Avenue and 33rd Place
- 34th Avenue, 35th Avenue and 35th Place
- 36th Avenue, 36th Place, 37th Avenue and 37th Place
- 38th Avenue, 38th Place, 39th Avenue and 39th Place
- 40th Avenue, 40th Place, 41st Avenue and 41st Place
- 42nd Avenue, 42nd Place, 43rd Avenue and 43rd Place
- 43rd Street and 44th Avenue
- Adelphi Road, Ager Road and Baltimore Avenue
- Banner Street, Belcrest Road, Bridle Path Lane, Buchanan Street and Burlington Road
- Calverton Drive, Carrollton Terrace and Claymore Avenue
- Crittenden Street, Decatur Street and East West Highway
- Emerson Street, Farragut Street and Gallatin Street
- Gumwood Drive, Hamilton Street and Hitching Post Lane
- Ingraham Street, Jamestown Road and Jefferson Street
- Kelliher Road, Kennedy Place and Kennedy Street
- Kimberly Road, Lancer Drive and Lancer Place
- Livingston Street, Longfellow Street and Madison Place
- Madison Street and Manorwood Drive
- Maryhurst Drive and Nicholson Street
- Notre Dame Street, Oglethorpe Street and Oliver Street
- Oneida Place, Pennsylvania Street, Pony Trail Court and Pony Trail Lane
- Powhatan Road, Purdue Street and Queens Chapel Road
- Queensbury Road, Quintana Street and Rhode Island Avenue
- Roanoke Road, Rosemary Lane and Rutgers Street
- Stanford Street, Wells Boulevard and Wells Parkway
Routes by Map
Versions of each route are also available as maps
- Tuesday Route Map
- Wednesday Route Map
- Thursday Route Map
- Friday Route A and Friday Route B Maps
- Entire City Route Map
Holiday Schedule Changes
During holiday weeks, trash route, recycling, and yard waste/compost days are often changed and condensed.
On dates when yard waste and compost pick-up is cancelled, there will not be pick-up later in the week. If you cannot wait until the following week you can dispose of these items in one of the City's bulk compost bins.
Recycling in the City of Hyattsville is managed by Prince George's County. Visit the County's Recycling web page for information about recycling service changes.
The City anticipates the following services changes for 2023. Please note that these are subject to change; sign-up for City e-mail or text notices for the most up-to-date information on service changes.
Download our service changes flyer!
Descargue nuestro folleto de cambios de servicio!
- Monday, January 2, New Year's Day, observed: No yard waste or compost pickup this week.
- Monday, January 16, Martin Luther King Jr. Day: No yard waste or compost pickup this week.
- Monday, February 20, Presidents' Day: No yard waste or compost pickup this week.
- Monday, May 29, Memorial Day: No yard waste or compost pickup this week.
- Monday, June 19, Juneteenth: No yard waste or compost pickup this week.
- Tuesday, July 4, Independence Day: Tuesday trash pickup moved to Wednesday, all other routes remain the same.
- Monday, September 4, Labor Day: No yard waste or compost pickup this week.
- Friday, November 10, Veterans Day, observed: Friday trash route picked up on Thursday, all other routes remain the same.
- Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24, Thanksgiving holiday: No yard waste or compost pickup this week. Tuesday's route moves to Monday, Wednesday's route moves to Tuesday, Thursday and Friday routes picked up on Wednesday.
- Monday, December 25, Christmas Day: No yard waste or compost pickup this week.
- Monday, January 1, 2024, New Year's Day: No yard waste or compost pickup this week.