The Hyattsville City Police Department now offers Livescan (electronic) Fingerprinting Services for criminal history background checks that may be required as a condition of employment, licensing, certification, foreign adoptions or VISA/Immigration clearances. An example of the types of applications requiring fingerprint background checks are listed below:
* Child Care Providers
* Adult Dependent Care
* Security Guard Licenses
* Special Police Commissions
* Handgun Qualification Licenses (HQL)
* Handgun Permits
* Firearms Dealers
* Security Systems Technicians
* Immigration / VISA Applications
* Criminal Justice Employment (Sworn & Civilian)
* And many other positions which require a criminal background check prior to employment, or when a person requests an individual review of their
How does it work?
A Livescan Fingerprinting Technician will roll/scan applicant fingerprints and submit his or her prints electronically to the State of Maryland Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) and (dependent upon the requirements of the background check), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). It takes approximately fifteen minutes for a certified fingerprint operator to type in applicant information (i.e. Name, birth date, gender etc.) into the computer, scan applicant fingerprints and electronically send the information to CJIS and FBI.
Alternate Fingerprinting Locations::
There are a number of alternate locations throughout the state where fingerprinting services are available. For a list of fingerprint service providers
(both public and private) in Maryland, click here.