Candidacy Filing Period for 2022 Special Mayoral Election
Candidate Registration for the 2022 Special Mayoral Election is now closed. Find a list of registered candidates here.
The 2022 Special Mayoral Election Candidate Information Packet includes important information and the forms needed to register to run for the Office of Mayor.
Forms are fillable PDFs.
- Candidate Checklist REQUIRED
- Candidate Registration Form REQUIRED
- Financial Disclosure Statement REQUIRED
- Candidate Biography REQUIRED
- Campaign Account Registration Required if candidate intends to raise over $1,000
- Certification of Contribution Threshold Required if candidate does NOT intend to raise over $1,000
- Change of Name Affidavit Required if candidate does not want full legal name on the ballot (for example the use of a nickname instead of full first name).
Campaign Finance Documents
The 2022 Campaign Finance documents are linked below. Reports may be submitted in hard copy to the City building (by appointment) or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms may not be submitted prior to the due date and are due by 1 PM on the due date. All candidates are required to submit reports.
First Report: Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 1 p.m.
Second Report: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 1 p.m.
Annual Report: Tuesday, September 6, 2022, 1 p.m.
Campaign Finance Forms:
Campaign Finance Cover Page
Campaign Finance Workbook
Disposition of Funds Form
Resolution 2022-01: 2022 Special Mayoral Election
Charter Amendment Resolution 2022-01: Timeline Adjustment Requirements for Special Elections
Charter Amendment 2020-01: Changing Election Day Certification Time and Council Officer Elections
Charter Amendment 2021-01: Close of Candidate Registration
Hyattsville Ordinance 2020-06: Authorizing Vote-by-Mail Procedures
Hyattsville Ordinance 2020-07: Ballot Intake Procedures
Resolution 2020-09: Designating 2021 as an all Vote-by-Mail election