Elected offices of the City of Hyattsville include the Mayor and 10 Council Members. The City is divided into five Wards with two Council Members representing each Ward. The Mayor and Council Members are elected to four-year terms. The next City-wide election will take place on Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
Register to Vote!
Registered Hyattsville residents who voted in the previous elections do not need to re-register unless an address change is needed.
Most Hyattsville Residents are eligible to register to vote in City elections using the Maryland State Voter Registration Form. If you are already a registered voter with the State of Maryland you do not need to re-register for City elections.
16- and 17 year-olds who will be eligible to vote in County, State, and Federal elections at age 18 should use the Maryland State Voter Registration Form. Maryland allows 16 year-olds to pre-register to vote using this form.
Forms must be submitted according to State guidelines Download:
Hyattsville residents who are not U.S. citizens, or do not wish to register with the State, may use the Hyattsville City Voter Registration Form. Forms must be submitted to the City of Hyattsville. Download:
Paper copies of the forms are available per request by calling 301-985-5001 or emailing email@example.com.
The City Council has recently updated several sections of the City Charter and Code required to conduct a Special Election in 2022. The most recent updates to the City Charter and Code are listed below.
- Resolution 2022-01 - 2022 Special Mayoral Election
- Charter Amendment Resolution 2022-01 - Timeline Adjustment for Special Elections
- Charter Amendment Resolution 2020-01 - Changing Election Day, Certification Timeline, and Procedures for Electing Council Officers
- Charter Amendment Resolution 2020-01 - Changing the Candidate Registration Closing Date
- Ordinance 2020-06, Chapter 8, Elections - Authorizing Vote=by-Mail Election Procedures
- Ordinance 2020-07, Chapter 8, Elections - Ballot Intake Procedures for Vote-by-Mail election
- Ordinance 2021-01, Chapter 8, Elections - Changing the Candidate Registration Closing Date (Pending Adoption in January 2021)
- Resolution 2020-09 - Designating the 2021 Election as Vote-by-Mail
Contact the City Clerk's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 985-5009.
File a Complaint
If you'd like to file an election complaint in violation of City Code Chapter 8, please complete the form and email to email@example.com.
Board of Supervisors of Elections
Laura ReamsDirector of Comms & Legislative Svcs, City ClerkPhone: (301) 985-5009
Nate GroenendykDeputy City ClerkPhone: (301) 985-5001
Lillie LittlefordCity Clerk Administrative AssistantPhone: (301) 985-5053