2022-2026 Community Sustainability Plan
The City of Hyattsville is updating the next Community Sustainability Plan 2022-2026, which will reflect the new goals and vision for the community.
What is a Community Sustainability Plan?
A community sustainability plan is a 5 year strategic plan crafted with community members and stakeholders to mark and realize sustainability objectives within the City. In this context, “sustainability” encompasses a broad spectrum of social, environmental, economic, and cultural issues to ensure the City’s survival and success. Community sustainability plans are used by the City to set goals for action and chart progress. The last plan can be found here or in the side tab to your left.
How can I provide input?
Throughout Fall 2022, a variety of engagement opportunities are planned to help capture community priorities.
Option One: Traditional Engagement Sessions (In Person and Virtual)
Traditional in person and virtual engagement sessions facilitated by City staff.
- September 27, 2022 at Nicholas Orem Middle School from 6 - 8 pm
- September 28, 2022 virtually from 6 - 8 pm
- October 11, 2022 at Hyattsville Library from 6 - 8 pm
- October 12, 2022 virtually from 6 - 8 pm
Sign up to attend an upcoming engagement session. Registration is not required but encouraged for these events.
Option Two: Digital On-Demand Tools (NEW!)
We are excited to utilize two on-demand digital engagement tools as part of this plan update. These tools will be available through the fall engagement period whenever and wherever is convenient to you.
1. Starting September 27, 2022, provide feedback through our online portal or the widget below, powered by CitizenLab. This is a great way to stay up to date on opportunities to provide input and the project timeline. Please note that creating a CitizenLab account is required to interact with this site.
2. Talk to the furniture! (Seriously!) Find signage throughout the City on public objects like trash cans, benches, bike racks, and more. Use the QR or text code on the sign to chat with the object and provide feedback on a variety of items! This technology is powered by Hello Lamp Post.