Ward 1 Special Election Candidacy Filing Period
Candidate Registration for the Ward 1 Special Election opens on July 6, 2021 and closes on July 23, 2021 at 5 PM.
Interested candidates must schedule an appointment to submit their forms by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 301-985-5001.
You can find the 2021 Ward 1 Special Election Candidate Information Packet here.
Forms are fillable PDFs.
- Candidate Checklist REQUIRED
- Candidate Registration Form REQUIRED
- Financial Disclosure Statement REQUIRED
- Candidate Biography REQUIRED
- Campaign Account Registration Required if candidate intends to raise over $1,000
- Certification of Contribution Threshold Required if candidate does NOT intend to raise over $1,000
- Change of Name Affidavit Required if candidate does not want full legal name on the ballot (for example the use of a nickname instead of full first name).
Campaign Finance Documents
The 2021 Campaign Finance documents are linked below. Report due dates are listed below. Reports may be submitted in hard copy to the City building (by appointment) or electronically to email@example.com. Forms may not be submitted prior to the due date and are due by 1 PM on the due date. All candidates are required to submit reports.
First Report: August 24. 2021 at 1 PM.
Second Report: September 7, 2021 at 1 PM
Annual Report: September 6, 2022 at 1 PM
Campaign Finance Forms:
Campaign Finance Cover Page
Campaign Finance Workbook
Disposition of Funds Form
Charter Amendment 2020-01: Changing Election Day Certification Time and Council Officer Elections
Charter Amendment 2021-01: Close of Candidate Registration
Hyattsville Ordinance 2020-06: Authorizing Vote-by-Mail Procedures
Hyattsville Ordinance 2020-07: Ballot Intake Procedures
Resolution 2020-09: Designating 2021 as an all Vote-by-Mail election