Currently, all in-person City events and meetings are cancelled or postponed through June 21, 2020.
Phase 1 Reopening
As of June 1, 2020 Prince George's County has begun easing restrictions on some businesses and activities with proper safety precautions in place. Visit the County's web site for details on the Phase 1 reopening.
Public health guidance still encourages safe social distancing (6 feet apart) when in public. Cloth face coverings are required in stores and on public transit. Gatherings of groups larger than 10 individuals is prohibited.
- The Hogan Administration’s COVID-19 Response
- COVID-19 Statement from Mayor Candace Hollingsworth(En Español)
Public Health Resources
COVID-19 is a respiratory disease caused by a Coronavirus not previously identified in humans. The disease is highly contagious and there are currently no vaccines available. Symptoms of the virus include fever, shortness of breath, and coughing and can sometimes be severe, requiring hospitalization. If you believe you are experiencing symptoms or would like more information, please call the Prince Georges County Coronavirus hotline: (301) 883-6627.
To learn more about COVID-19 and find resources to stay healthy, visit:
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- World Health Organization: www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Maryland Department of Health: coronavirus.maryland.gov/ (includes a Maryland case map dashboard)
- Prince George’s County Department of Health: health.mypgc.us/coronavirus
- Boards and Committee Meetings
- Call-A-Bus Grocery and Medical Trips
- Creative Minds
- Teen Tutoring and Mentoring
- Ageless Grace Exercise Classes
- Community Yoga
- Senior Bus Trips
- Senior Dining & Lecture Series
- Police Ride-A-Long’s
- Invasive Plant Removals
- Ward Check-Ins (Virtual check-in's may be made available as needed)
- Community Wellness Walks
- Hyattsville Census Day, April 4 - POSTPONED
- Arbor Day Celebration, April 5 – POSTPONED
- Spring Cleaning Day: Paint and Electronics Recycling Day, April 11 – POSTPONED
- Mary Prangley Cleanup Day, May 2 - POSTPONED
- Bike to Work Day, May 15
- Summer Jam, May 15
- Historic Houses Tour, May 17
- Community Shred, May 23 - POSTPONED
- Spring HY-Swap, May 30
- International Festival, June 6 - POSTPONED
- Trolley Trail Day, June 13
- Summer Jam, June 19
Services Suspended or Limited until June 21, 2020:
- City Parks are open from dawn to dusk | Playgrounds are closed
- Notary and Fingerprint Services Suspended
- Licensing Services Suspended
- Extension of Licensing Deadlines: All business licenses, single family, and multi-family licensing issued by the City that would expire during the current State of Maryland emergency will be extended until the 30th day after the state of emergency is lifted.
- City Council meetings will continue as scheduled using a remote teleconference system. They remain open to the public. For information on how to participate, visit www.hyattsville.org/meetings.
- Police patrols and emergency response
- Solid Waste and recycling collections
- Parking enforcement (accepting Residential Parking Zone Program applications at www.hyattsville.org/res-parking an in person on Mondays & Tuesdays, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
- Permit Processing for Driveway-Street Apron, Tree Removal, and Fence permits. (Fees waived for fence permits.) Permits are available online via firstname.lastname@example.org and in person Mondays & Tuesdays, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.