Currently, all in-person City events and meetings are cancelled or postponed until further notice.
County Phased Reopening
Prince George's County is easing restrictions on some businesses and activities through a phased re-opening approach with proper safety precautions in place. Visit the County's web site for guidance on what is allowed under the current phase. The County is currently in Phase 2 of re-opening.
Public health guidance still encourages safe social distancing (6 feet apart) when in public. Cloth face coverings are required by Executive Order in all Maryland businesses, on public transit, and in outdoor public areas where social distancing cannot be observed. The City has a limited supply of disposable face-masks available for residents. Pick-up is by request on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Call (301)-985-5000.
- The Hogan Administration’s COVID-19 Response
- COVID-19 Statement from Mayor Candace Hollingsworth(En Español)
Free, non-appointment COVID-19 testing will resume in the parking lot at the First United Methodist Church in Hyattsville, 6201 Belcrest Road, on September 14, 2020. Hours of operation are Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The site will offer both drive-thru and walk-up tests. Drivers should enter the parking lot using the entrance off of MD Route 410 (East-West Highway) across from the Safeway. Walk-up tests will be offered on the side of the Church facing Belcrest Road. Please wear a mask and follow traffic guidance as directed by the City of Hyattsville Police Department.
This site is being operated as a partnership between the City, Luminis Health, the Prince George's County Health Department, and the First United Methodist Church of Hyattsville.
There are many other COVID-19 test sites available in Prince George's County. Please visit the County's COVID-19 testing page for a locator map, or call 311 for a list of available sites.
Public Health Resources
COVID-19 is a respiratory disease caused by a Coronavirus not previously identified in humans. The disease is highly contagious and there are currently no vaccines available. Symptoms of the virus include fever, shortness of breath, and coughing and can sometimes be severe, requiring hospitalization. If you believe you are experiencing symptoms or would like more information, please call the Prince Georges County Coronavirus hotline: (301) 883-6627.
To learn more about COVID-19 and find resources to stay healthy, visit:
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- World Health Organization: www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Maryland Department of Health: coronavirus.maryland.gov/ (includes a Maryland case map dashboard)
- Prince George’s County Department of Health: health.mypgc.us/coronavirus
- Call-A-Bus Grocery and Medical Trips
- Ageless Grace Exercise Classes
- Community Yoga
- Senior Bus Trips
- Senior Dining & Lecture Series
- Police Ride-A-Long’s
- Invasive Plant Removals
- Ward Check-Ins (Virtual check-in's may be made available as needed)
- Community Wellness Walks
- Summer Jams
Services Suspended or Limited:
- City Parks & Playgrounds are open from dawn to dusk. Limited to 10 people total (adults & children) at a playground at one time.
- Notary and Fingerprint Services Suspended
- Licensing Services Suspended
- Extension of Licensing Deadlines: All business licenses, single family, and multi-family licensing issued by the City that would expire during the current State of Maryland emergency will be extended until the 30th day after the state of emergency is lifted.
- Bulk Trash and White Goods Pick-Up Services Suspended (bulk trash pop-up events will take place as needed)
- Permit Processing for Neighborhood Block Parties
- City Council meetings and committee meetings will continue using a remote teleconference system. They remain open to the public. For information on how to participate, visit www.hyattsville.org/meetings.
- Police patrols and emergency response
- Solid Waste, yard waste, and recycling collections
- Parking enforcement (accepting Residential Parking Zone Program applications at www.hyattsville.org/res-parking an in person on Mondays & Tuesdays, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
- Permit Processing for Driveway-Street Apron, Tree Removal, and Fence permits. (Fees waived for fence permits.) Permits are available online via email@example.com and in person Mondays & Tuesdays, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.