State and County COVID-19 Guidance
As of August 8, 2021 an indoor mask mandate has been reinstated in Prince George's County due to a rise in COVID-19 cases related to the highly contagious Delta variant of the virus. Masks are required for anyone ages 6 and older in all public indoor venues and businesses. Masks are also still required on all public transit by a federal mandate.
For full details from the state of Maryland visit governor.maryland.gov.
For updated guidance from Prince George's County, visit mypgc.us
Free, non-appointment COVID-19 testing is available in the parking lot at the First United Methodist Church in Hyattsville, 6201 Belcrest Road. Hours of operation are Mondays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., and Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. (Except holidays.) As the testing takes place in tents that are exposed to the elements, the site may occasionally need to close for inclement weather. Sign up for City updates to receive alerts when the site is closing,
The site offers both drive-thru and walk-up tests. Drivers should enter the parking lot using the entrance off of MD Route 410 (East-West Highway) across from the Safeway. Walk-up tests are offered on the side of the Church facing Belcrest Road. Please wear a mask and follow traffic guidance.
This site is being operated as a partnership between the City, Luminis Health, the Prince George's County Health Department, and the First United Methodist Church of Hyattsville.
There are many COVID-19 test sites available in Prince George's County. Please visit the County's COVID-19 testing page for a locator map, or call 311 for a list of available sites.
Public Health ResourcesCOVID-19 is a respiratory disease caused by a coronavirus not previously identified in humans. The disease is highly contagious. Symptoms of the virus include fever, shortness of breath, and coughing and can sometimes be severe, requiring hospitalization. COVID-19 vaccines are now widely available to protect you from severe illness and death related to the virus.
To learn more about COVID-19 and find resources to stay healthy, visit:
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- World Health Organization: www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Maryland Department of Health: coronavirus.maryland.gov/ (includes a Maryland case map dashboard)
- Prince George’s County Department of Health: health.mypgc.us/coronavirus
Most in-person City events and meetings have been cancelled or postponed until further notice. Public access to the Municipal Building is also suspended until further notice. Call (301) 985-5000 for questions.
Services Suspended or Limited:
- Notary and Fingerprint Services Suspended
- In-person acceptance of license and permit applications is suspended. These activities can be completed online.
- City Council meetings, Ward Check-In's, and committee meetings will continue using a remote teleconference system. They remain open to the public. For information on how to participate, visit www.hyattsville.org/meetings.
- Police patrols and emergency response
- Weekly solid Waste, yard waste, and recycling collections
- Parking enforcement (accepting Residential Parking Zone Program applications at www.hyattsville.org/res-parking)