Pepco Tree Maintenance
Pepco Tree PruningThe City Arborist works closely with Pepco to ensure trees are properly pruned. When proper pruning is not possible, the City Arborist works with Pepco's arborist to provide the best possible solution for all parties.
Standard Procedures for Pepco Public Tree Removals
Pepco will plant a new tree for each they remove, although not in the same location. After trees are removed, the City Contractor will be notified to grind out the existing stumps. Pepco will plant trees that will grow properly under power lines the season following the removal (trees removed in the fall will be replanted in the spring).
Pepco Private Tree Removals
Pepco must submit a Tree Removal Application, signed by the resident, for all private removals. Applications will be approved or denied by the Shade Tree Board and reported back to Pepco for further action if applicable.
Residents will be notified of Private tree pruning by way of a DOOR HANGER. Response is required with 7 days. If a resident would like input into the pruning of their tree(s), it is imperative that they respond within the 7 day time frame. If Pepco receives no response it is “assumed” the resident has no concerns.
- Request a replacement tree from Pepco
- Refuse the removal or pruning of their tree
- Request a picture of the tree(s) with details on specific pruning and/or discuss acceptable trimming of the tree (this limb but not that limb)
- Require pruning be scheduled only when the resident can be at home to supervise the pruning.
- Stop or impede the removal or pruning of another resident’s tree or a public tree.