Parking Permit Terms & Conditions
The permit holder acknowledges and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. The monthly cost of the permit is $30.00 for the Jefferson Street Lot and Hamilton Street Lot and $20.00 for
the Farragut Street Lot. Permits are available to be purchased for up to a three (3) month period, however the
City retains the right to, without penalty or cause, terminate the permit every 30-day period. Permits are not
prorated based on the date of purchase and are not valid at any parking meter, unless otherwise specified by
Public Parking Lot Permit Program. The City maintains the right to modify the permit fee rate at its discretion.
2. Permits must be affixed to the inside of the vehicle’s front windshield, in the lower right corner on the
passenger side. Failure to properly place sticker could result in the issuance of a citation and/or revocation of
3. Permits issued for Lot 2 are valid at any parking space in the Hamilton Street public parking lot, located in the
4300 block of Hamilton Street. Permits issued for Lot 5 are valid at any parking space in the Jefferson Street
Parking Lot, located in the 4300 block of Jefferson Street, adjacent to Renaissance Square Artist Housing.
4. Permits are valid at any parking space in the Parking Lot 4, Monday – Friday, 4:00 PM – 8:00 AM and Saturday
5. Monthly permits will not provide permit holders reserved spaces, it only allows permit holders to park their
registered vehicle within the designated areas.
6. Permits are available to Hyattsville residents and employees of Hyattsville businesses.
7. The permit may be pre-paid starting the 25th day of the month and are available on a first-come, first serve
basis. The total number of available permits is determined by the Department Director.
8. Vehicles that are not eligible for a Parking Permit including tow trucks, buses, trailers, or vehicles that the City
determines are unable to safely fit within the dimensions of the parking lot spaces.
9. The monthly rate at the Farragut Street lot reflect a restricted number of hours that the permit is valid and the
user of the permit acknowledges the use of these permits are limited to Monday – Friday, 4:00 PM – 7:00 AM
and all day Saturday and Sunday. The permit is not valid in this lot Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
10. Inappropriate uses of this permit include use or transfer of the permit to another vehicle, photocopying or
alteration to the permit, any of which may result in suspension, fines, revocation of the permit or towing of the
vehicle at the owner’s expense.